The HangOut – PoliNation
Click on photo to embiggen.
My family just got back from World Market. So, did we get some Belgian chocolate for dessert tonight? Noooooooo. But there’s plenty of Marmite (peat moss extract) and Spotted Dick (a spongey fruit cake with current berries, or possibly rat droppings) served with something called Double Devon Cream. I don’t even know who Devon is, but why is his cream double? Or are there two Devons? I don’t even want to know. The Marmite is not shown in the photo because it’s too disgusting for a family site.
Originally posted at PoliNation.
Now that ISIS is taking control of deadly chemical weapons in Iraq that are left over from Saddam’s hidden stashes, and our media is reporting it, isn’t it time to point out the shamelessness of this 14 year media conspiracy that painted President Bush as a liar and warmonger for going into Iraq after ‘non-existent’ WMDs? In fact, shouldn’t we be keeping track of the lies, like we do the deficit?
Greatest U.S. Media Lies and Conspiracies of the Last 100 Years:
1. Walter Duranty’s NY Times Pulitzer for deceiving the public about Stalinist Communism for decades.
2. Anthony Lewis’ and NY Times’ defense of Pol Pol and Khmer Rouge.
3. Media campaign to promote the scientifically discredited cause of climate activism.
4. Media campaign to protect the morally discredited Fascist political system of Islam from all scrutiny.
5. Media campaign to destroy and imprison the administration of a sitting Republican President in the early 70s (for knowledge of a burglary) while systematically covering up egregious criminal activity of Democrats (including murders, like Vince Foster’s) for 50 years.
6. Relentless 10 year frenzy of lies and diversions that established, falsely, that the Bush Administration had no reason to defeat Saddam Hussein and prevent his cache of chemical weapons from being used.
7. Media campaign to elect a talentless, radical community organizer to the Presidency and then protect him from all criticism as he completely destroyed every part of the U.S. that didn’t resemble or function like Zimbabwe.
8. What Constitution? We have a Constitution? Our President doesn’t need no stinking Constitution.
From the Weasel Times and Stoat Intelligencer:
Okay, that NY Times article about chemical weapons today. Help me out here. They put this together from a bunch of Wikileaks stuff and some FOIA requests. It shows that US soldiers were finding chemical weapons regularly from 2004 and 2011 and some were hurt by them.
And the Times is scolding the government for downplaying the danger and significance of chemical weapons? WTF happened to “Bush lied, people died”? Yeah, they’re describing them as a bunch of old crappy weapons (and of American design, woooo!) but isn’t that entirely in line with what we expected to find and were told we hadn’t? Tens of thousands, by the sound of it.
And why did the military downplay this? Why did the government?
And why is the Times doing a bunch of original reportage on this now? Could it be that ISIS is closing in on this stuff and they want an alibi when the bad guys start lobbing chemical weapons around…? Read more at sweasel.com.
People’s Cube: The USSA’s Center for Disease and Gun Control has announced that the State will not impose any travel restrictions due to the Ebola outbreak until after the November 4 elections to ensure that all workers and peasants can have free access to ballots and polling places during this critical struggle for Progress.
Comrade Disease Director Thomas Frieden has declared that Ebola is only ‘semi-transmittable’ and therefore only official Party-certified doctors can actually impose quarantines on an as-needed basis. In the meantime, those who believe they are exhibiting symptoms, while not contagious until after the November 2 elections, are asked to remain at home because of the possibility they may intimidate women and minorities into not voting. Read more at People’s Cube.
This first appeared at PoliNation.
As Pistol Pete posted earlier today, some unusually slavish behavior happened at last night’s fundraiser at Gwyneth Paltrow’s estate in Brentwood, California. This event was so fawning that even the Hollywood smut merchant TMZ has begun to bemoan that the once-respectable Office of the President of the United States has become seriously damaged.
The idiocy of Hollywood was in full bloom Thursday night when Gwyneth Paltrow turned an already-embarrassing Hollywood fundraiser into “The Dating Game.”
Paltrow — who hosted the event at her Brentwood home — gushed as she introduced President Obama, “You’re so handsome that I can’t speak properly.”
She then showed utter ignorance about, and contempt for, the Constitution and separation of powers — the basic tenets of our government — by saying, “It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass.”
It’s the latest example of how demeaning it has become for Presidents to act like circus animals — performing for crowds that will feed them … in this case, feed them with money to line political coffers.
It’s revolting that celebrities and other rich people feel such a need for self-importance — contributing money but ONLY if they can have their picture taken with the president and tell their friends they had dinner with him. If they’re so committed to him, just send him a check and let him stay in Washington and do his job.
Oh my. [Image by Salon.com.]
Hat tip: David Burge.